In this age of rapid technological innovation, it is essential to get completely acquainted with the techniques and abilities associated with computers, printers, modems, and disks. In this essay, we will teach you how to add a Canon Printer to MAC.
Before leaping to any conclusions, it is critical to thoroughly comprehend the topic at hand. The most important thing to know is whether your printer supports AirPrint and is compatible with Mac-OS. If your printer does not support AirPrint, you may activate it by following a few simple steps.
The following are the sorts of issues encountered while attempting wireless printing using an iPad, iPhone, or Mac:
- You can’t see the print through your device, and it displays the phrase “no printer detected.”
- Many times, the essential software is not accessible on your device.
Airprint is a groundbreaking technique introduced by Apple that allows you to print from any Mac or iOS device using any supported printer.
The following are some pointers to help you connect your Canon printer to your Mac.
- Examine and hypothesize on your printer to see whether it is AirPrint compatible or not.
- Many times, problems endure simply because we disregard simple measures. Simply ensure that your device and printer are connected to the same wireless network.
- A printer’s breath is ink. Check to see whether there is enough ink in the printer.
- People frequently wind up disconnecting Bluetooth and Wifi when their phones are in Airplane mode after enabling them.
- A network type issue might potentially be the cause of your printer not working. When using public networks, an air printer will never operate. This function requires security protection to be enabled.
- Simply shutting off the printer and Wifi and turning them back on may cure the problem.
- Going to restart your router and then your printer may help you resolve the issue.
It is not uncommon for you to need to install software in order for your printer to function with a Mac. It is common for MAC to automatically download and update essential software, but if this does not occur, follow the basic procedures outlined below:
- Navigate to the Apple menu>App Store, choose Update, and then install the program listed under Updates.
- Unpack your printer following the instructions. Install the ink and paper. Turn on the printer to ensure it is operational and that no errors are shown.
- Get your USB cord and plug it into your Mac. If you receive a message to install any essential software, please follow the instructions.
If the problem persists, another option for resolution is to reset the printing system. This entails unchecking all printers and scanners in all printing and scanning options.
1) Go to the Apple menu, then System Preferences, and finally Printers & Scanners.
2) While trying to hold down the control key on your keyboard, click any location in the list of devices.
3) Select the “Reset printing system” option.
In This Article
Connecting a Canon Printer to a Wireless Network
Here are the easy steps for connecting a Canon printer wireless to a Mac:
- Start your Canon printer.
- Check to see whether your network has a WPS button. Additionally, ensure that your network is utilizing the WPA or WPA2 security procedures.
- Tap and hold the Wi-Fi button until the alarm bulb blinks once.
- A light in a wifi bulb must flash blue in this case.
- As soon as this occurs, go to the router and press the WPS button.
- If you don’t hold down the button for two minutes, the connection will be lost.
- If the Wi-Fi light blinks, this indicates that the printer is looking for accessible networks.
- When the Wi-Fi joins to the wifi connection, both the power and Wi-Fi lamps will flash.
- Now, patiently await the completion of the connection. When you’re connected, the power and Wi-Fi lights will cease flashing.
- You must now download the Canon printer driver from this page.
- Following that, download the insert specific by following the onscreen instructions.
- Your printers will be ready to use after the setup is complete.
Your Mac device is now successfully linked to your Canon printer. These procedures should have solved your query about “how to connect Canon printer wireless to MAC.”
How to Connect a Canon Printer to a Mac through a Wired Connection
To connect a Canon printer to a MAC via wired connection, follow these steps:
- To begin, switch on your Canon printer.
- Canon printer drivers may be downloaded from the Canon website. The driver will then be installed by following the on-screen directions.
- Connect your printer’s USB cord to your Mac computer and printer.
- When the driver installation is finished, go to the ‘Apple’ menu and select ‘System Preferences.’
- Choose and launch the ‘Printers and Scanners’ option.
- By pressing the ‘+’ button, you can add your Canon printer.
- Choose your Canon printer name from the list of readily available printers and press the ‘Add’ button.
- Continue with the installation procedure. Your printer configuration is now complete, and you can begin printing.
How to Install a Canon Printer on a Mac Without a CD
If you do not have recourse to the CD that comes with a Canon printer, there are various ways to install it on your Mac than utilising its compact disk.
This issue can also occur if your Mac does not include a built-in CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
To be safe, consider doing so from any third-party website because it may include possibly malicious software alongside the program you are seeking for. This may cause your Mac’s performance to suffer in the following phases.
So, the first thing you should consider is obtaining and installing drivers and software from Canon’s official website. This will assist you in wirelessly configuring your Mac. After that, you may consider downloading the necessary drivers later.
How to Connect a Canon Printer to a Mac
- Locate the button on your printer that corresponds to the menu.
- Are using navigation (arrow) keys, highlight WLAN setup. Once this is completed, click OK.
- The printer will do a search for networks in the vicinity of its current location.
- The screen will then provide three options: standard setup, WPS, and other setup. The first is highlighted automatically, so click OK. If a WPS router is within range of your printer, it may ask you to connect to it. If you want to allow the option to be used, select “OK.” Otherwise, you may skip it by pressing OK.
- The printer will search for networks that are active within its range. The name of the accessible networks will be shown in the select list. Choose your favorite network from the list of alternatives. You may use the arrow keys to navigate through the available selections. After successfully selecting your desired network, select “OK.”
- If you have set your network to require a password, the “Enter pass” prompt will display instantly. If you have one, enter it and then select “OK” to go to the character entering screen. If you do not enter a password, the wireless network will join automatically.
- When you’re on the character entering page, use the arrow keys to travel through the characters in order to set up a passcode for your wireless connection.
- After you’ve finished entering your password, click the link in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen, right below “Done.”
- The printer will then connect to the network in the next phase. When this procedure is finished, click OK.
This completes the procedures for connecting a Canon wireless printer to a Mac. You still need to download and install the software to operate your printer from your Mac device.
Now that you know how to install a Canon printer on a Mac, follow these simple steps to install the necessary software and drivers.
- First, go to the Canon printer support page on the official website. Normally, it will recognize the operating system version loaded on your Mac machine. If it does not, you may select it explicitly from the list of operating systems on the drop-down menu.
- Next, go to the “Drivers & Downloads” area and download and install the necessary drivers: the ICA driver, the MX920 series scanner, and the CUPS printer driver.
- When the driver installation procedure is complete, click the download icon to the left of the drivers.
- After downloading, open each driver one by one. A new window with a package file will appear on the screen. Click twice on the file to open it.
- After you’ve opened the file, follow the instructions on the screen. Carry out this procedure for all downloaded files.
- Now, open the Apple menu and select “System Preferences.” Next, select the choice for print, fax, scan, scanners and printers.
- A “+” button may be seen in the bottom left corner of the screen. Simply click on it. Then click the “Add printer or scanner” button. You must also select this option.
- Wait a few seconds for your Canon printer’s name to display on the screen. When its name shows on the screen, choose “Add.”
That’s all! Your Canon printer is now wirelessly configured and ready to use. If you are still having problems with printer setup, contact a Canon printer support professional.