Users of printers often face the Printer Showing Offline problem on their devices. In case you are stuck with the same problem then, you are on the correct article. In this whole article, we have discussed the reasons behind the Printer Showing as an Offline issue and the troubleshooting solution for the Printer is Offline How to Fix.
In This Article
What’s the Reason for My Printer Showing Offline?
Usually, when the PC and printer unit is not able to establish a stable connection, it shows the Printer Showing as Offline error. Below are few reasons that lead you to why my Printer Showing as an Offline issue.
- Initially, the slow or unresponsive network connection between printer and PC.
- Damaged USB cable.
- Various uncompleted print jobs in the Print queue.
- Outdated printer driver software.
- Internal printer error like a paper jam or clogged print head.
Before executing the solving steps given here, the user should simply power cycle their device in the following method:-
- Firstly, switch off your printer unit.
- Then, remove the Main Power cable from the switch.
- Then, turn off the PC.
- After doing this you need to wait for a couple of minutes (minimum of 10 minutes).
- Then, 10 minutes after turn on your PC.
- Also, switch on your printer.
The printer may stop working due to overheating or overloading. In this kind of situation, the above way works and eliminates the error of Why is My Printer Showing as Offline
The printer is Offline on Windows 10
The people who have windows 10 devices can use the following troubleshooting steps to troubleshoot the My Printer is Offline on Windows 10.
- Check Connection:
In case you are using a network printer and trying to connect through Wi-Fi then, check whether the PC and printer are using the same wireless network. The traditional printer users may check if all the cables are correctly connected or not.
- Manually set the Printer Online (from settings and device manager)
People can use the given steps to manually set printers online on Windows 10 through settings:-
- Firstly, go to Start and open the Settings App.
- Then, Select Devices > Printers & Scanners.
- After that, on the right-hand side of the screen, click on your printer.
- Then, tap on the open queue button.
- Visit the Printer button and deselect the Use Printer Offline option from the drop-down menu.
Otherwise, users can manually make the printer Online by Device Manager using the steps given below:
- Firstly, visit start and choose the Device Manager from the Win+X Menu.
- Then, click on the Action tab.
- Then, choose the Devices and Printers option.
- After that, go to the Printer name that has the problem Printer Offline Window 10 Fix.
- Press on See what’s Printing option from the context menu.
- Visit the Printer tab and remove the checkmark before the option Use Printer Offline.
- Run the Windows Printer Troubleshooter
Users can run the built-in Printer Fix of Windows 10. Users can refer to the steps given here to run Windows built-in troubleshoot.
- Firstly, go to Start and open the Settings.
- Choose the Devices > Troubleshoot.
- Then, in the right pane, click on the Printer and tap on the Run the troubleshooter tab.
- This will take a few seconds to run the troubleshooter.
- Also, it offers suggestions to solve the Printer Showing Offline issue.
- After that, users should apply all the solutions by following on-screen details.
- Restart the Printer Spooler Services
Following are the steps to Restart the Printer Spooler service:-
- Firstly, press the Windows+ R keys from the keyboard to open the Run box.
- Then, type services.msc in the text box and press the enter button.
- After that, in the services window, look for the Printer Spooler Service.
- Then, check whether it is running or stopped.
- Followingly, Right-click on the Printer Spooler service and click on the Restart option.
- Remove the Reinstall Printer:
Users can remove the printer from Windows 10 system and then reinstall it by using the steps given below:
- Firstly, visit the Start menu and open the Windows Settings application.
- After that, click on the Devices > Printer & Scanners.
- Then, it will show the list of devices connected to the system.
- Also, restart the computer system.
- Then, open the Settings.
- Visit the devices > Printers & Scanners.
- After that, follow on-screen instructions to install the printer on Windows 10.
- Check the Printer driver update
Users can update printer drivers from the Device Manager by using the given steps:-
- Visit the Start icon, then search and open the Windows Device Manager. (or type devmgmt.msc in the run box and press the enter button)
- Then, expand the printers in the devices list.
- After that, Right-click on your printer name.
- Choose the Update Driver option from the context menu.
- It will take a few minutes to update printer drivers.
Users should have an active internet connection to update printer drivers. Otherwise, users can also update printer drivers by going to the official website of the Printer Manufacturer.
- Check for Windows Update:
Updating windows also helps to resolve the Printer Showing Offline error. People should regularly update windows OS to get new features and function updates. Follow the steps to Update Windows 10 OS.
- Firstly, go to Start > Settings.
- Select Update and Security > Windows Update option in Settings.
- Click on Check for Update button on the right side of the screen.
In case the Printer is Offline Windows 10 problems is persisted then, users can get in touch with the technical support term of the printer manufacturer.
How to fix when the Printer is Offline on Mac?
The users who have Mac operating system on a computer device can follow the steps given below to solve the issue of the Printer Is Offline Mac:-
- Check connection:
An unstable connection is the main reason for the Printer Is Not Connect To Mac so, a user must check if the printer and Mac are connected to the same network. Also, try to use an ethernet cable rather than a wireless network.
In case you connected the printer through a USB cable then, check if it is well connected. Try connecting it with a different USB cable if it is damaged.
- Clear Print Queue:
A corrupted file entry in the print queue must raise the Printer Is Offline Mac issue so, the user can clear the print queue by using the following steps:-
- Visit System Preferences > Printer and Scanners.
- Then choose the printer that requires troubleshooting.
- After that, click on Open Print Queue.
- This will show all the pending print jobs from the print queue. Choose each item and click on the X icon to delete it from the queue.
- Lastly, Restart the printer once the print queue is cleared.
- Run Printer Diagnostics of Mac OS
The steps to troubleshoot the Printer by using the Printer Diagnostics function of Mac OS are as follows:-
- Firstly, click on the apple logo and choose System Preferences.
- Visit Printers and Scanners.
- Choose your printer from the devices.
- After that, click on the Options & Supplies Button from the Printer menu.
- Then, Depending on your printer, you can search the Printer Diagnostics features under the Utility or Diagnostic heading.
- Remove and add the Printer:
The given steps tell users to remove and re-add the printer on Mac.
- Locate to Apple icon > System Preferences > Printer and Scanners.
- After that, click on your printer that wants to remove.
- Click on the ‘-’ button to remove it from Mac.
- After that, turn off the printer unit and remove the USB cable if it is connected.
- Then, visit System Preferences > Printer and Scanners.
- Nextly, tap on the ‘+’ button to add the printer.
- Users can click on Default if the printer requires to connect physically with Mac through a USB cable.
- For the network printer, choose the IP option to add the printer.
- Windows option will show the printer that is connected to Windows PC on the same network.
- Users can choose the appropriate option and follow the on-screen guide to add a printer.
- Update Printer drivers
Users sometimes face issues related to a Printer that Is Offline On Mac because printer drivers are not updated. Follow the steps to update printer drivers.
- Open the App Store.
- Choose the Updates option.
- Then, click on install all the printer-related internet connections to install the update.
- Restore Factory Settings:
The last step is to restore your printer to its factory settings. The steps are different for different models. Users can check the printer manufacturer’s website or user manual to get the steps.
All the fixing solutions on the Printer Is Offline How To Fix them is given in the above article. Users can also get in touch with us for quick and reliable solutions to all types of Printer issues. Our service executives are available 24/7 for the service of the consumers. Users can call on the toll-free Printer service helpline number if any assistance.