The Canon PIXMA MX490 Wireless Office Printer also functions as a copier and scanner. Its popularity now is due to its great connectivity choices and the ability to retain the printer in areas with a 30% decrease compared to earlier generations of MX. With Google Cloud Print and AirPrint technology, one may print wirelessly from practically any location in the office using a Smartphone or tablet. It also contains time-saving features, such as a fully integrated automatic file feeder that can handle up to 20 pages. A folding automated document feeder (ADF) has 20 beds and, like the printer part, is not scanned on both sides of the device. The MX490’s upper body is painted.
Like other suppliers, Canon offers low-cost printers and fdts to consumers and small enterprises. The Pixma MX490 is a multiple printer that can print, scan, copy, and fax.
Aside from that, additional XL ink cartridges indicate that you may print for an extended length of time before replacing your cartridge. The PIXMA MX490 Wifi office inkjet printer for Canon Office has a 30% smaller footprint than its predecessor and can print, scan, copy, and fax individuals.
The cellular connection balance accounts for a significant portion of your productivity.
In This Article
Canon PIXMA MX490 Wireless Setup
- Remove any exterior safe – from the printer with care.
- Open a front paper vent tray and raise the scanner unit’s lid to reveal the cartridge holder.
- Disconnect the cartridge holder as well as the protective covering surrounding it.
- Connect the printer to a power supply by plugging one end into the printer’s proper interface and the other into a wall socket.
- Turn on the unit and choose your favourite language before pressing the OK key and closing it.
- Lift the scanner lid one more to secure the cartridge holder. Put the cover back on.
- Turn the device on and press the setup button. Using the Operation Panel, configure the wireless LAN.
- Click the OK button.
- Choose a simple setup.
- Click the OK button.
- Choose Access Point.
- Click the OK button.
- Provide it with the WEP key.
- Click the OK button.
- Insert a free CD and start the software with automatic playback.
- Choose the nation in which you now reside. Next should be clicked.
- Select the simple installation option and continue.
- Click Next after selecting “Use printer on network.”
- A printer sensing technology will display shortly. Next, click. Select your printer here, and the link will be complete.
Canon printer not connecting to Wi-Fi?
- Corrupted drivers, network troubles, or a shift in a Wi-Fi network can all prevent your Canon printer from joining your network.
- Here’s how to troubleshoot the Canon printer not connected to the Wi-Fi problem on your Windows machine.
- If you notice any additional mistakes, please visit our Printer Errors area.
- Explore our Peripherals page for more similar troubleshooting instructions and remedies.
We propose DriverFix to repair a variety of PC issues:
This program keeps your drivers up-and-running, protecting you from typical computer issues and hardware failure. Check all of your drivers immediately in three simple steps:
- Install DriverFix.
- To discover all faulty drivers, click Start Scan.
- To obtain fresh versions of drivers and avoid system malfunctions, click Update Drivers.
Why isn’t my Canon printer connected to Wi-Fi? Network-connected printers allow you to print from wherever you are without physically connecting your device to the printer. That’s OK as long as it’s good.
A few users have claimed that their Cannon printer is unable to link to a Wi-Fi network. The cause of this difficulty might vary depending on the device and printer you are connecting.
This post will go over some troubleshooting procedures to help you address the Canon printer not connected to Wi-Fi.
How can I get my Canon printer to connect to my wifi network?
To join your Canon printer to your wifi network, use the printer’s built-in Wi-Fi button and then download the Canon printer app on your mobile device to finish the setup.
If the printer still does not connect to your Wi-Fi network, follow the procedures below.
- Install printer drivers
DriverFix is a popular driver update software that can update all of your computer’s drivers with a single click. DriverFix does a comprehensive check after installation to determine how many out-of-date components you have. You may then upgrade one or all of the drivers at once.
DirverFix offers over 18 million driver file downloads accessible. You may manage downloads, generate a backup of all of your drivers and store them in a zipped zip file, and plan driver scans, updates, and notifications.
DriverFix’s main features are as follows:
- Driver scans that are lightning rapid
- All drivers may be updated with a single click.
- Backup and scheduling are included in.
- A massive database with over 18 million drivers
- Check for printing issues
Check to see whether the printer is exhibiting any errors on the screen, such as lights flashing or error numbers. If the printer is malfunctioning, try using the error code to resolve the issue.
Expert Tip: Some PC problems are difficult to resolve, particularly when it comes to damaged repositories or missing Windows files. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partially broken. We propose installing Restoro, a utility that will scan your system and determine the source of the problem.
These faults are typically caused by a paper jam, ink runout, or other difficulties. Make sure you fix the problem before moving on to the next step.
- Carry out a power cycle
- Unplug and turn off your printer.
- Then, for 15 seconds, disconnect your wireless router.
- Connect the relevant connections to the router and turn it on.
- Plug the printer back in and turn it on after the router is fully switched on.
- Add the printer to the network and try printing anything.
- Look for printer connection problems.
If your printer setup is not connecting to the phone, make sure the connection is shown as active on the printer. Next, determine whether the phone signal is less than 80%. If it is less than 80%, try moving the print and router closer together.
If relocating the printer or router is not an option, check for and remove any impediments that may exist between the two devices.
If the connection is active and the phone signal is more than 80%, consider briefly disabling your computer’s firewall. Try printing again to see if there are any improvements.
If the printer replies after deactivating the firewall, the printer ports must be opened for network connection. Check the documentation for your printer for specific instructions.
Check to see whether the printer’s network settings have been reset to factory defaults. If this is the case, the connection will be marked as Active, and the networks will be BJNPSETUP. The printer must rejoin the network in this scenario.
If you get a connection is inactive notification and the printer shows the incorrect SSID, reconnect the printer to the wireless network. This frequently occurs after you install a new network or change the password.
- Reboot the printer
- To switch off the printer, press the power button.
- If the printer has a data cable, disconnect it.
- After that, unplug the printer’s power cable and leave it inactive for 10 minutes.
- Reconnect the printer’s data cord.
- Connect the power wire to the power outlet once again. Make sure you connect it directly to the power outlet rather than through a surge suppressor.
- To restart the printer, press the Power button.
- Try printing again to see whether the problem has been repaired.
- Remove the Canon Printer
- To open Run, use the Windows key + R.
- To open the Control Panel, type control and press OK.
- Navigate to Programs and Features.
- From the list, choose the Hp printers series MP Drivers. Select Uninstall.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm your decision.
- Follow the on-screen directions to remove the printer fully.
You must reinstall the printer after it has been removed from your system.
How to Connect a Canon Mg3600 Printer to Wi-Fi through a Smartphone
- Make sure you download and install the Canon Printer app on your mobile device or computer.
- Hold down the Wi-Fi power button until the ON light flashes.
- Subscribe to the Canon Printer’s temporary Wi-Fi connection using your smartphone’s Wi-Fi settings.
- Then, on your smartphone, open the Canon Printer app.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password after selecting your printer’s Wi-Fi.
- OK, tap on. The printer now will scan and link to your router through Wi-Fi.
- When a message box displays, tap OK.
- Tap Yes when you see the Do you wish to search for accessible printers prompt.
- When you receive the Do you wish to search for a suitable printer prompt, select Yes.
Canon printers not connected to Wi-Fi problems can occur for a variety of reasons.
To resolve the issue, try updating the printer driver. If the problem persists, check for network problems or, as a final option, remove and reload the printer and drivers.