Cleaning the devices like laptops, PC, printers, etc., is a must and very important. How we all need cleaning the same, they also need to be cleaned.
If we do not clean them on time, you will face difficulty in operating the devices. We will have to follow some basic steps to clean the devices in the proper way. So we are here to tell you about how to clean canon printhead. To know more about it, stay with us below:-
In This Article
- 1 Methods to clean Canon printheads
- 2 Inbuilt printheads
- 3 Printheads inside the cartridge
Methods to clean Canon printheads
Here are some methods using which you can clean the printheads;
What is printhead ?
Let us first know what a printhead is !!
The main part of the printer is the printhead which sprays the ink drops on the paper, which is actually a printing spray head.
When the page gets filled with ink drops, this printhead is responsible for that. The printhead has a nozzle that sprays the ink, which creates a print on the paper. And if the printhead gets clogged, the print becomes incomplete and sometimes faded.
This is what happens when you don’t clean the printhead. So cleaning it regularly is very important.
Manual cleaning method of Canon printhead
Here is the manual cleaning method to clean Canon printhead. This method is an old but very effective method of cleaning.
Follow the steps below to clean the Canon printhead manually:-
- Cleaning of integrated cartridge printhead with paper towel method.
- You must have a dry paper towel and a damp paper towel.
- Then, take the wet paper towel and pour the cartridge facing down on the paper towel.
- The dry ink will come out on the wet paper towel.
- Then, take a dry paper towel and pour the printhead towards the dry paper towel.
- All the dry ink will come out.
- You did not need to wipe it because it may get damaged.
- Finally, put the cartridge into the printer.
- That’s it.
Cleaning the printhead by manually removing it from the printer
Here, you have to remove the printhead from the printer.
- Suppose you take Canon PIXMA TS9120.
- First of all, take out the cartridge from the printer.
- Then, take a wet, lint-free cloth.
- Gently remove the ink from above.
- Then, put the printhead to the downside in the paper towel, which is submerged.
- Then, the soaking process will begin.
- After that, take it out and place it on try paper towel to dry it.
- And then finally reinstall it in the printer.
- This is how you can clean the printhead manually.
Automatic cleaning of printhead
Yes, you heard it right. There is an option using which you can get the canon printhead cleaned automatically. But the manual process with the automatic process is preferable. So we suggest you both methods of cleaning a printhead. Below are the steps to clean the printhead automatically:-
- First of all, go to the printer home screen display.
- For that, click on the Setup option.
- Then, go to the Settings option.
- Then, from there, select the Maintenance tool option.
- After that, click on the Cleaning option.
- And then click on the Yes option.
- Then, the cleaning process will begin.
- You have to wait for a while till cleaning is processed.
- Then, go for a test printing to check whether it is cleaned or not.
- And you will see that the printing quality is improved or better than first.
- This is how the automatic cleaning of the Canon printhead takes place.
You can go for Manual as well as automatic cleaning process of Canon printhead. That will be more convenient and easy to clean the Canon printhead.
Types of printheads available in the market:-
There are various types of printheads available in the market. We are going to see some of them. So below are the types of print heads;
This type of print head is already built into the printer. It is also a replaceable printhead. These printheads are available in colors those are yellow, cyan, black, and magenta.
You can use these types of printheads when you have to print more prints. There is a need to change the printheads after so many uses. So, these types of individual printheads are preferable.
Some inbuilt printheads are :-
Canon PGI-270, Canon PGI-250, Canon PGI-280, Canon CLI-281, Canon CLI-251, Canon CLI-271.
Printheads inside the cartridge
These printheads are built inside the cartridge. And these integrated printer cartridges are only seen in the Canon printers series. You get a cartridge that will have a printhead to its behind.
This is what an integrated printhead of Canon printers is. So, there is no fear of changing the printhead. As we change the cartridge, the printhead also gets changed with it. So these types of Canon printers are more working.
These Canon printers with integrated printheads with cartridges are available in tri-colour and black colour. Some examples of integrated ink cartridges are
Canon PG-240, Canon CL-241, Canon PGI-250, Canon PG-60, Canon CL-261, Canon CL-246, and Canon CLI-251.