Wifi and Wi-Fi direct printing are supported by the Canon PIXMA E470. Both are distinct methods of utilising the printer. I’ll go through these two options in depth and show you how to use them. Continue reading if you want to know how to reset Canon E470 wifi settings, alter PIXMA E470 wifi settings, or connect Canon E470 to your wireless router. Before we begin setting up the printer, there are a few fundamental steps you must take.
The Canon PIXMA E470 may be connected to a home network and shared on the network. The printer is accessible and used by all PCs and laptops connected to the same LAN/Wifi network. The setup is simple but not without difficulty. I’d like to first reset the printer setup so that there are no problems while connecting the device. A PC is the most convenient way to connect a Canon E470 to a network. There is also a clip of the setup if you follow the steps below. It is preferable to reset the printer setup before changing its wifi connection. If you have a new printer, skip this step and proceed to the Wifi settings page below.
In This Article
- 1 How Do I Reset My Canon Pixma E470?
- 2 Canon Pixma E470 Wifi/Router Setup
- 3 How can I make the Canon Pixma E470 my default printer in Windows 10?
- 4 How Do I Connect My Canon Printer To WiFi?
- 5 How Do I Configure My Canon Pixma E470?
- 6 What Is the Process for Resetting My Canon E470 Wireless Printer?
- 7 How Can I Recover My Canon E470 Wifi Password?
- 8 Why Is My Canon Printer Not Connecting To My WiFi?
- 9 How Do I Configure My Canon Pixma E470?
- 10 How Do I Link My Canon Pixma E470 To The Internet?
- 11 What Happens When I Reset My Canon Printer?
- 12 How Do I Reset My Canon Printer’s Wifi?
- 13 How Do I Reset the Wifi Password on My Canon E470?
How Do I Reset My Canon Pixma E470?
Hold down the Stop button. Wait for the alarm light to blink 19 times. Leave the pause button alone, and you’re done. The power light will flash several times to ensure that the Canon E470 factory settings have been restored. This clears all previous settings and restores the printer’s standard settings. After that, it was much easier to connect the printer to Wi-Fi. If you have a new printer, you may skip this step.
Canon Pixma E470 Wifi/Router Setup
We’ll now go through the Canon Pixma E470 Wifi settings. This is the simplest method for attaching this printer for the first time or changing its WiFi settings. I’ll show you how to connect your Pixma E470 directly to your router. But first, if you encounter a problem, remember to reset your printer to its original settings.
Before we begin, please make a list of the following items. Router SSID – Default Wireless Name and Router Password – Your Wireless Password You will also require an active internet connection.
- Using the USB Cable, connect the Pixma E470 to a PC or laptop.
- Download the Canon Pixma E470 Setup Utility.
- Start the setup by clicking on the Start Setup button.
- Choose your country and region, then click Next.
- Agree the Licensing Deal by clicking the Yes > Agree button.
- Tick the box for Deactivate the block > Next.
- Select Wlan Connection > Next for Select Connection Method.
- Start the printer, wait a few seconds for the green light to stabilize, and then press the Next button.
- The Canon E470 Setup program will begin to recognize the printer. This will take some time, perhaps 5 to 6 minutes. Don’t worry, just let the program do its thing and wait for the Select Printer Screen to appear.
- Choose “Set up the network connections according to the guidance” under Select Printer. Next, click.
- The “Printer Setup” screen appears next. If the wireless bulb on the printer is flashing, click on the button,” if the blue wifi light is blinking, hit the stop button. If not, simply disregard and proceed.
- Hold down the Wireless button for a few seconds, then let it go when the blue light begins to blink. Click Next after pressing the Color button twice.
- Again, click Next; the program will now interact with the router.
- Choose your wireless router and enter the password in the right field below Network Key on the Select Router page. Next, click.
- Allow the E470 setup program to complete the connection. Connecting the Canon Pixma E470 to the wifi router may take 6 to 8 minutes.
- The Connection finished screen will appear, confirming that the printer has been connected to the router.
- Click Next after disconnecting the USB cable from the PC/Laptop.
- The Pixma E470 will download the required drivers and software.
- Additional Canon tools can be selected from the Software Installation List. Manual, My Image Garden, Quick Menu PC App, Easy-WebPrint EX, XPS Driver, and more programs.
- To complete the configuration, click Next.
That’s all there is to it; the printer is now correctly installed and linked to the router. Follow the instructions below to add the printer to any PC or laptop that is attached to the same router through Wifi or LAN.
How can I make the Canon Pixma E470 my default printer in Windows 10?
To add the Pixma E470 to your PC, go through the add printer procedure. The online panel allows you to change the sharing options.
- Click on Start > Search for Add a Printer or Scanner.
- Allow Windows 10 to examine the printer by clicking Add Printer.
- It will recognize the E470 and download the required drivers automatically.
This is the procedure for installing the Canon Pixma E470 on Microsoft 10. Any system on the network may access this printer. The same is true for Scanner. Once the printer is installed, just run the Windows Scan program to begin scanning. You may also use the printer using Canon Inkjet mobile applications. Read our Canon Pixma E470 Wifi-Direct instructions to print or scan from an Android or iOS smartphone on the Pixma E470.
How Do I Connect My Canon Printer To WiFi?
- When utilising Manual Connect, you just click OK.
- You will pick your wireless router by selecting the OK button.
- Click the OK button.
- Enter your password here.
- After entering, hold the OK tab for at least two seconds.
- Then choose Yes. To confirm, click OK.
- When the preceding section opens, click OK to confirm.
How Do I Configure My Canon Pixma E470?
- When you press the Stop button, the printer will come to a halt.
- When you keep the Wireless key over the wireless connection, the Wireless bulb will flash.
- Select the Colour option.
- Your Network and Direct lamps will come to life if you repeatedly push the Wireless button.
- When you touch the Colour button, you will see a published list of LAN setup information.
What Is the Process for Resetting My Canon E470 Wireless Printer?
- Check that you turn the printer on on your computer.
- After you press the Stop button 21 times, it flashes 21 times.
- You should remove the Stop button and reset the printer’s settings.
How Can I Recover My Canon E470 Wifi Password?
After you pay, you may select a password. The password is provided by Printmaster serial numbers. A serial number is written in capital letters on a sticker affixed to the printer. In order, nine alphabetic characters (four letter words) are shown (five letter words).
Why Is My Canon Printer Not Connecting To My WiFi?
It is required to turn down your printer and unplug your router if it has not updated your wireless network (e.g., your router IP address, new password, etc.). Connect your wifi router to the power for 15 seconds before unplugging it. Replug in the printer and restart it once it has fully started to function. You might have to print again.
How Do I Configure My Canon Pixma E470?
- Because the wireless bulb on the printer (A) has ceased blinking, push the Stop button.
- If you cannot see the Wireless bulb on the printer after pushing and holding the Connectivity button (C), continue to press and hold it until the lamp illuminates.
- To reveal the colour, hit the Colour button (D).
- To utilise the Wireless switch, hit the E at the end of the phrase many times.
- Select the Colour option.
How Do I Link My Canon Pixma E470 To The Internet?
- Check that the printer’s settings are correct.
- Press and hold the wireless button when you get a light signal from a Wi-Fi bulb.
- Colour should be selected.
- Once, press the Wi-Fi button.
- When a colour or black button is hit, the printer enters Auto wireless connect mode.
- Follow the instructions to obtain instructions on your smartphone or tablet.
What Happens When I Reset My Canon Printer?
It returns the Printer device to its original operational circumstances without asking you to re-enter the settings and restrictions you specified after purchase. You will also need to connect your printer to your network and re-establish the full configuration.
How Do I Reset My Canon Printer’s Wifi?
The printer must be turned off and then turned back on. Hold the A (W) key down until the ON bulb flashes, then press the Release button. The Colour Start (C) button must be depressed and then released. When you press the (A) button, Wi-Fi (A) is activated.
How Do I Reset the Wifi Password on My Canon E470?
- You may see the status of your printer on the internet by putting it into the URL bar of your browser.
- Choose Security.
- Select the Administrator password setting option.
- Changing administrator password is the option.
- Set the administrator password to a valid value inside a range.