Every step of the procedure, from unpacking to installation, and printing, may encounter a problem at some point and call for professional assistance or a step-by-step guide for troubleshooting the HP Officejet 4650.
You can get help with unpacking, connection configuration, driver installation, ink cartridge installation, etc. Any user will be able to patch bugs independently with this.
In This Article
HP Officejet 4650 Troubleshooting and solutions
You’ve come to the right place if your HP Office Jet 4650 printer exhibits any errors or problems. This HP Officejet 4650 Troubleshooting guide helps you locate and resolve printer problems with the aid of straightforward fixes.
How to Connect Officejet 4650 to a PC?
By following the offered instructions step-by-step, users can connect the printer unit to a computer system:-
- Start by turning on your computer and connecting to a wireless network. Your Officejet printer should be turned on and kept in the ready position. After that, join it to the matching wireless network that your system is already connected to.
- Press the wireless symbol on your printer’s control panel to connect your printer to a wireless network.
- Touch the Setup icon again from the location where you wish to launch the WiFi configuration window. There is a list of network names in this wizard.
- Select your network from the list of accessible networks, after which you must enter the correct password. You can add a network name to the list if it isn’t already there. To add the network, adhere to the onscreen directions on the printer control panel.
- Install the correct printer driver software on your computer. To identify the correct driver, you may need to register your printer’s model number or insert or modify the operating system version of the machine you are using.
- Utilize the on-screen instructions to download and install them.
- One of the two options for establishing a wireless link with your system is the WPS pin.
- Make sure your HP Officejet 4650 printer is turned on and in the ready position before using it. Touch the wifi symbol on the control panel for your printer.
- Press settings, then select WPS in HP Officejet 4650 Offline from the menu list. Contact the WPS pin to complete the configuration as directed by the on-screen commands.
- Once you turn it on, Activate the WPS pin on your system or mobile device, then input a password to connect. You need to be aware that every connection request requires a different WPS pin.
- You cannot use the WPS pin from the initial connection for any subsequent connections or other connection applications. Every time, it generates a unique WPS pin specifically for the connection offer.
Printing Pauses in the Middle of Print Job
Your printer unit has a history of abruptly shutting down while processing a task. Here are some causes of an HP Officejet 4650 printer malfunction.
The main cause of printing breaks in the middle of a task is a paper jam. The paper jam problem is a simple user error to remedy. The steps to unclog a paper jam on an HP OfficeJet 4650 are below:-
- Firstly, to prevent tearing and make certain that no pieces are left behind. Carefully remove the paper jam from the paper tray.
- Turn the printer off if there is a paper jam on the internal side of the device.
- Lift the scanner glass lid to reveal the ink cartridges and inner paper jam, then unplug the power cable from the main source.
- Lastly, Make sure to remove the trapped paper with both hands to prevent ripping.
Loss of Power
The user should make sure the power connection is firmly inserted in the power switch if there is an unexpected power outage during printing the work. Additionally, the user must inspect the power outlet.
HP Officejet 4650 Printing Blank Pages
The printer generating blank pages issue may be caused by damaged ink cartridges, corrupted or outdated printer driver software, or both. The HP OfficeJet 4650 printing blank pages problem can be fixed by doing the following checks:-
- Initially, verify that the printer’s ink cartridges have enough ink.
- Any empty or loaded cartridges should be changed. Users can press the ink icon button on the printer control panel to check the ink level in the ink cartridges.
- Ensure that the ink cartridges you use are original HP products. Compatibility problems could be caused by duplicate ink cartridges.
- Even though there is adequate ink in the cartridges, clogged ink cartridges cause the printer to print only black pages.
- Typically, if you don’t use the printer frequently. The ink cartridges’ ink outlets may dry ink.
- The blocked ink cartridges can be manually cleaned by users to resolve the HP OfficeJet 4650 printing blank pages issue.
- Never use crushed or rolled papers, and always position the paper plate so that the printing side is facing down.
- As previously mentioned, access the grayscale settings under advanced properties along with other options like paper size, print class, etc.
- By tapping the settings icon on the printer control panel, navigate to Printer Support. Pick “Clean page smears” from the menu.
- Lastly, Users can install updated printer drivers by going to the official HP printer website. Outdated or corrupted printer drivers frequently cause printer print blank page issues.
Users can resolve the HP OfficeJet 4650 printing blank pages issue in this manner.
HP Officejet 4650 Wireless Setup
To print the papers wirelessly, you must first connect your printer to a wireless network. Here is how to set up the Wi-Fi capabilities of the HP OfficeJet 4650:-
- First of all, Users who purchased a new printer should unbox it and attach the required cables.
- Turn on both the router and your HP OfficeJet 4650 printer. To create a connection quickly, place the printer and router close to one another.
- The printer’s wifi icon should be pressed.
- After that, from the Printer control panel, tap the Settings icon, then choose Network->Wireless Setup Wizard.
- It will list all wireless networks that are accessible and within your range.
- From the list, choose your wireless network.
- User credentials must be entered.
- Click on Add WiFi Network if your wireless network is not on the list already.
- Put in the security password and your network’s SSID. If you are unsure about your network’s SSID or password, contact your network service provider.
- Next, tap on the connect button.
- Lastly, click OK to save the wireless settings.
The HP OfficeJet 4650 printer can then connect to the wireless network in this manner.
Tips for HP OfficeJet 4650
Anyone who has a computer, smartphone, tablet, or another device that supports wireless printing can print remotely using the HP OfficeJet 4650 printer. With the use of Wi-Fi Direct, users can print the job wirelessly without a router. The procedures to set up the HP Officejet 4650 printer for Wi-Fi Direct are below:
- Firstly, Activate the printer.
- From the printer control panel, access the Wi-Fi directly.
- After selecting Settings, activate Wi-Fi Direct.
- Then, the Wi-Fi direct Menu with the username and password will appear when you tap on the back of your print.
- Install the most recent HP Print Service Plugin for Android by visiting the Google Play app store.
- From the settings on your smartphone, enable Wi-Fi Direct.
- Open the file that needs to print, then choose the print option.
- Direct ** OfficeJet 4650) from the printer list to select your HP printer.
- To print the document from a smartphone, adhere to the on-screen directions.
- Lastly, the user can create a new wireless network and enter Wi-Fi direct credentials to print from the PC.