Epson produces some of the most well-known printers in the world. Their models are well-known for their high performance and reliable print quality. Nonetheless, every printer or driver has issues. Sometimes problems happen due to technological and mechanical factors beyond our control. The Epson error code 0x97 is perhaps the most common issue that consumers face with Epson printers.
Have you ever had this type of problem when using an Epson WF-3640 or another Epson model? This specific problem is quite inconvenient, and many Epson printer users routinely mention it. Fortunately, there is a simple solution to this difficulty, which we will explain more below. But first, let’s define this mistake and discuss its likely causes.
In This Article
- 1 What exactly is the Epson WF-3640 error code 0x97?
- 2 What are the Most Common Epson Error Code 0x97 Causes?
- 3 How Do I Repair Epson Error Code 0x97?
- 4 Alternative Fix for Epson Workforce Printer Error Code 0x97
- 5 What Causes Epson Printer Error Code 0x97?
- 6 How to Troubleshoot Epson Printer Error Code 0X97
What exactly is the Epson WF-3640 error code 0x97?
Those who use their printers for a lengthy period of time are more likely to encounter the Epson WF-3640 error code 0x97. This sort of mistake occurs instantaneously, and there is no warning or indication that it has occurred. It jeopardises your printer’s basic operation by interfering with a signal that allows the device to switch on and off. You will be unable to use your printer until the issue is resolved permanently.
The Epson trouble code 0x97 can be seen on the LED screen of your printer. This problem occurs when printing and causes the printer to close down suddenly. It is most common on Epson WorkForce Series models WF-3640 (Epson 252 Ink), WF-4630 (Epson 786 Ink), and WF-7610.
Epson Error Code 0x97 is, as previously said, one of the most prevalent error codes on Epson printers. When the printer encounters an internal hardware fault while printing, Epson Error Code 0x97 is shown. When a 0x97 error occurs, your print job is instantly terminated, and printing will not restart until the problem is resolved.
Fortunately, the majority of the hardware faults that produce this error are basic and straightforward. The following are some of the most typical hardware faults that cause Epson Error Code 0x97:
- Paper snarls
- Hardware such as cartridges, trays, and wires that have been improperly placed
- Failures of Motherboards
- Cartridge nozzles that are clogged
What are the Most Common Epson Error Code 0x97 Causes?
The following causes can assist you in understanding the causes of error 0x97 in Epson printers such as the WF 4630, WF 7610, and WF 7620:
- The main cause of this Epson printer error number is an internal hardware problem, such as a motherboard failure.
- The second possible source of this error is a printer that has dust, jammed paper, or a filthy printhead.
- Hardware failing is another source of this Epson printer issue.
- Epson printer nozzle clogs can cause a variety of issues. One of these is the error code 0x97.
How Do I Repair Epson Error Code 0x97?
Are you sick and weary of making this mistake? Have you ever experienced it when using an Epson WF-3640 or another Epson printer model? Epson Error Number 0x97 is a common problem, with many users reporting this exact error code. Fortunately, there is a straightforward cure that we will go through in this step-by-step explanation.
Hard reset your Epson printer
To resolve Epson error code 0x97, you must first do a hard reset on your printer. To accomplish this, disconnect the power cable from the rear of your Epson printer without pressing the power button to turn it off. Allow at least 2 minutes before plugging it back in.
Using printer tools, clean the printhead
Do not print anything until the Epson printer has been restarted. You must do a printer cleaning operation. Begin by searching for the printer maintenance option on your printer’s display screen or using the printer software installed on your computer if the printer is linked to it.
Try printing a test page and see if the error number 0x97 has vanished from the screen.
Take out your ink cartridges
If the issue continues, you must remove all of the ink cartridges from your Epson printer. Place the Epson inkjet cartridges inverted on top of a clean, dry piece of paper or towel.
Take out the printhead
After withdrawing the ink cartridges, remove the printhead from your Epson printer. You don’t want to harm this pricey portion of your printer, so proceed with caution.
Manually clean the printhead
Clean the bottom of your printhead cleanly with a lint-free cloth dampened with warm water. Hold on to that cloth until no more black ink smears across it.
Soak the printhead in water
Soak the printhead for 10 minutes in a dish of warm water. Boiling water may degrade the ink’s characteristics and may result in irreparable nozzle blockage, which is terrible news!
After soaking the printhead in water, gently remove it from the dish and wipe away any remaining moisture with a dry lint-free towel. Take a clean paper towel and rest your printhead on it for around 15 minutes before returning it to your Epson printer.
Replacing the printhead and ink cartridges
Replace the printhead on your printer and insert all of your ink cartridges.
Produce a document
Turn it on to check if anything has changed and whether the Epson error number 0x97 has disappeared. Check to determine if a document prints appropriately.
Alternative Fix for Epson Workforce Printer Error Code 0x97
If your Epson printer is not publishing and displays error code 0x97, you might have a malware issue. To resolve this issue, update or install the most recent anti-malware software to guarantee that your devices are secure.
If an Epson display shows with an error number of 0x97, it is possible that harmful information is entering your device. Download and install the most recent Epson printer software to ensure that everything is up to date.
You should also make sure that the firmware on your Epson Work printer is the most latest edition. You can check Epson Support to see whether the newest software for your printer model is available.
What Causes Epson Printer Error Code 0x97?
The error number 0x97 is only one of several potential issues with your Epson printer. If this situation happens, any functionalities and signals delivered to your device will be fully disabled as soon as they occur. You won’t be able to use or switch on your printer until it has been completely repaired!
So, why is your Printer driver reporting an error number of 0x97?
The Epson trouble code 0x97 can be seen on the LED screen of your printer. This problem occurs when printing and causes the printer to close down suddenly. It typically happens with Epson WorkForce machines that use 252 or 786 ink.
When your printer faces an internal hardware problem, the Epson 0x97 technical error serves as a warning. It might be caused by faulty motherboards or another component within the computer. If you notice this warning, it is most likely due to malfunctioning internals and should be fixed as soon as feasible.
If your printer displays an error number 0x97, it is possible that the printhead has grown unclean and clogged. To fast resolve this printhead issue, wipe off any dirt or debris from inside the printer.
Outdated printer software might also cause error code 0x97. If you’re still using an outdated version of your printer’s virus protection, install or upgrade it right away to avoid more problems.
How to Troubleshoot Epson Printer Error Code 0X97
There are several solutions to resolve Epson Printer Error 0X97. The following are the answers to the Epson Printer Error 0X97.
Solution 1: Disconnect and reconnect the printer
- To begin, open your printer’s casing and check for any trapped paper materials. If any paper straps are present, gently remove them all.
- Now, carefully remove all of your printer’s cartridges and unhook all of its USB wires before turning off the printer by pushing the power button.
- Wait a few seconds before reconnecting all of the USB cables that were withdrawn from the printer.
- Now turn on the printer and see if the error 0X97 has been resolved.
- If the mistake cannot be fixed, proceed to solution 2.
Solution 2: Unplug and replug your printer in the other direction
This procedure is diametrically opposed to Solution 1. This technique will tell you if the issue was caused by internal hardware failure or not.
- To begin, turn off your printer by pushing the power switch and disconnect any USB wires.
- Wait 5 minutes before pressing and holding the printer’s power button for more than 1 minute.
- Plug in all USB cords while pushing the power button.
- After connecting all the cords, press the power button for another 1 minute.
- Reconnect the power cable and depress the power button.
- Check to see if the error is displayed. If the Epson Error 0X97 persists, proceed to solution 3.
Solution 3: Use Wet Tissues to clean the blocked Epson printer nozzles.
- Unplug all of your printer’s power wires.
- Now, open the printer’s casing and soak a clean microfiber in an ammonia-based cleaning solution.
- Place the cloth beneath the print head and centre the printer head.
- Allow the cloth to soak for 12 hours.
- Close the printer and remove the cloth.
- Now, turn on the printer and see if the issue has been fixed.