In This Article
- 1 Steps for Installing a Canon Printer Without a CD on Windows and Mac
- 2 Install Canon Printer Without a CD and a Wired Connection on Windows
- 3 Wireless Connection on Windows Without a CD – Using the Canon Printer Installer
- 4 Install Canon Printer Without a CD on a Mac Computer Using a USB Cable:
- 5 Mac wireless without CD
- 6 What is the procedure for connecting a Canon printer to a wireless network?
- 7 How to Install a Canon Printer Wireless
- 8 The wireless printer cannot connect to the WiFi network.
- 9 Printer Not Found
- 10 Conclusion
Steps for Installing a Canon Printer Without a CD on Windows and Mac
In this paper, we have explained the procedures for installing a Canon MX870 printer without a CD on Windows and Mac operating systems. We’ve gone over the Canon printer installation procedure for both wired and wireless connections.
Install Canon Printer Without a CD and a Wired Connection on Windows
Windows wired connectivity without CD
The methods below will completely walk you through setting up a wired connection without a CD on Windows using the ‘Canon printer installer’.
- First and foremost, attempt to connect your Canon printer to your Windows PC via the printer’s USB wire.
- From the Start button, select “Devices and Printers.” After that, from the new screen that displays, right-click on the printer icon and choose “Properties.”
- Check the name & model number of your Canon printer here, and then select the “Ok” button to dismiss the current screen.
- Now, from the Start menu, right-click on “Computer” and pick “Manage” from the list of options.
- Now, in the upper left corner of the screen, select “Device Manager.” Then, from the list of available options, select “Other Devices.”
- While still in the same window, right-click your model and choose “Update Driver Software.”
- From the subsequent windows that display on your screen, select “Browse my computer for driver software.”
- Select “Let me choose from the Canon drivers on my PC.”
- After selecting the “Printer” option, click “Next.”
- Now, in the next box, choose your printer driver from the list and press “Next.”
- Continue to follow the shows and select “Next.”
- Once you receive a notice saying that you have automatically added your printer, click the “Finish” button.
- After running a print test, restart your computer.
- After your computer has properly restarted, navigate to “Devices and Printers” in the Start menu and select “Printer Properties.”
- Select “Print test page.”
- Your printer configuration is now complete and ready to use.
By following the procedures outlined above, you will be able to install a Canon printer without a CD, using a wired connection on a Windows operating system.
Wireless Connection on Windows Without a CD – Using the Canon Printer Installer
The following are the requirements for wireless Canon printer setup without a CD on Windows.
- A physical WPS push button must be provided on the access point.
- The WiFi includes or or WPA2 security protocol must be used on the user’s network.
- First and foremost, make sure your printer is switched on. Hold down the WiFi key on your printers until the alert light flashes at least once.
- Check that the bulb adjacent to the button is flashing blue. After that, go to the printer’s access point and push the WPS button within 2 minutes.
- When the printer successfully connects to your wireless connection, both the power and WiFi lamps will stop blinking and display a steady light.
- Your Canon printer has been successfully linked through wireless connection, and you may now print a test page!
- For more details about printer configuration, go to Canon ij installation.
Install Canon Printer Without a CD on a Mac Computer Using a USB Cable:
The steps below will walk you through installing a Canon printer without a CD on a Mac using the Canon printer installer.
- To begin, connect your Canon printer to your Mac through USB.
- Switch on your printer now.
- Then, from the Apple menu, select “System Preferences.”
- Now select “Printers and Scanners” from the drop-down menu.
- To add a printer, click the “+” button. Your Canon printer model will now be shown on the screen. Select it and press the ‘OK’ button. Your printer will be ready to use after the setup is complete.
Mac wireless without CD
The instructions outlined here will thoroughly take you through the process of installing a Canon printer without a CD on a Mac.
- To begin, go to Canon’s driver initialization website (Canon printer installer) and input the model number of your printer on the screen. After that, pick “Drivers & initialize” and then continue.
- Enter your password on the following page that asks for your username and password. to allow the assistance tool to be loaded. Then select the “Install” option.
- Click “Next” on the following screen.
- The following page will offer you to choose between a USB and a WiFi connection. Choose “Wireless connection” from the two options.
- At this point, make sure the power lamp is switched on and press the “Next” button.
- Select “Connect to the Network” on the following screen.
- Hold down the printer’s wireless button till the orange alert lamp flashes twice after the “Connection through cableless” screen displays. Following the second flash, release.
- Verify that the blue wifi bulb is flashing rapidly and the green energy lamp is turned on. Select “Next.”
- On the following page, pick your current area and press “Next.”
- On the following page, enter your address and click “Next.”
- On the following page, click “Yes” to consent to the termination of the user license agreement.
- On the following screen, click “Add a printer.”
- Choose your Canon printer model and driver version from the following screen, then click “Add.”
- Finally, click “Next ” to complete the setup procedure!
What is the procedure for connecting a Canon printer to a wireless network?
You don’t need cords to print a document from your laptop or smartphone if you use a Canon wireless printer. However, you will require the cord when configuring the Canon wireless printer.
How to Install a Canon Printer Wireless
- On your Canon printer, press the Home button.
- To pick the WLAN icon, use the Down and Up arrow buttons.
- Toggle the left function button.
- When the WLAN configuration page displays, pick the option
- Click the OK button.
- The Blue WiFi indicator illuminates, indicating that the wifi network is active.
- You are given two configuration options: WPS and Standard Setup.
- The printer’s default setup technique is WPS.
- Then, on the display, press the “Other Methods” button.
- Choose Standard Setup and click OK.
- The printer will begin looking for and displaying accessible WiFi networks.
- You will be requested to provide a password after selecting the network.
- To join the WiFi network, enter the password.
- After entering the password, press the left power button to choose Done.
- If the password supplied is accurate, the network login will be shown.
- Click the OK button.
- The printer has now been configured to join the WiFi network.
Wireless printing occasionally fails, leaving users perplexed as to the source of the problem. One of the most prevalent wireless printing problems is “printers are unable to connect to WiFi networks.”
The wireless printer cannot connect to the WiFi network.
If you are having trouble connecting your printer to a wireless network, the first thing you should do is update the Canon printer drivers. You can acquire the most recent drivers from the Canon website, and if you have trouble finding them or want to automate the process, use a driver update application like DriverDownloader.
Look for your setup printer and check for outdated drivers for your Windows operating system. If it doesn’t work, you need to run the configuration program CD that came with your printer again. During installation, you will be asked to connect your PC and printer through USB connection.
If you’ve done everything and the problem still continues, check your WiFi connection using the troubleshooting procedures listed below:
- On your printer’s Home Screen, select Setup.
- Select Device Settings and then press the OK button.
- To choose LAN settings, use the Up / Down arrow buttons and then press the OK button.
- Confirm LAN settings by pressing the Down or Up button and then the OK button.
- Use the Up or Down arrows to choose Print LAN information, then press the OK button.
- Choose Yes by pressing the Up or Down arrows and then the OK button.
When you have the connection information, verify the signal strength. This ought to be in the 70-80 range or higher. If it is smaller, you should relocate the printer closer to the router or vice versa. If there are many WiFi networks in your area, adjust the router tv channel to a less congested one.
Printer Not Found
It is possible that Windows has been unable to locate the printer for whatever reason. If you are experiencing this problem, follow these steps to quickly resolve it.
- You must first launch Cortana by pressing Windows Key + Q.
- Enter ‘printer’ now.
- Choose ‘printers and scanners.’
- Select ‘Add a printer or scanner.’
- Now choose ‘the printer I want isn’t listed.’
- Select ‘Add a Bluetooth, WiFi, or network discoverable printer.’
- Select the linked printer now.
- This should attach your wifi adapter to Windows.
- If you are still unable to locate the printer, ensure that both Windows and the printer are turned on and connected to the same local network.
I hope the information in this article is useful to you when installing Canon printer software without a CD on MAC and Windows. If you require any more assistance, please contact us at the number listed on the screen.