First of all, Brother printer offline and Brother printer is in error state these are the common issues faced by its customers. This normally appears when the printer device and PC system have connection or communication issues. A lot of times, more loading and more heating of printer gadgets can create the issue that’s ‘Printer is in an error state issue’. The issue of Brother Printer in Error State can appear because of the low ink level, paper jam, or the printer driver software is out of date.
Moreover, we have collected easy and reliable troubleshoots to come out from the Brother Printer issues. The customers can switch off the printer unit and again turn it on after a few minutes. After that, Power cycling is the initial fix to the Brother Printer offline fix issue. Consumers should use the problem-solving method discussed further in this article to solve the issue i.e. Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline.
In This Article
- 1 How to solve the issue on Windows 11 related to Brother Printer Showing Offline and Brother Printer in Error State?
- 2 Solve the issue of the Brother printer appearing offline and Brother Printer in Error State on Mac?
- 3 Some Additional Tips To Trobleshoot Brother Printer Issues
- 4 FAQ’s
- 4.1 Why is my Brother Printer not connecting to Wi-Fi?
- 4.2 I’ve updated the driver, but it still doesn’t work. What next?
- 4.3 How do I reset my Brother Printer to factory settings?
- 4.4 What should I do if I’m getting poor print quality?
- 4.5 My printer is not picking up paper. What can I do?
- 4.6 How do I update the Brother Printer firmware?
- 4.7 My printer says it’s offline when it’s on. What should I do?
- 4.8 How can I extend the lifespan of my Brother Printer?
- 4.9 Can I print from my phone?
- 4.10 Related Topics
Check Printer Connection:
Customers need to check the connection between brother printer and your computer properly.
Follow the guide given by us to check the connection of your printer and PC.
- The very first thing is to restart your Brother Printer.
- After that, make sure that the USB cable is properly connected to your computer and printer.
- Alternatively, take some other USB cable to connect a Printer and PC. In case, it is still not able to connect so, check if the USB cable may be broken.
- Nextly, in the case of a wireless printer, make sure both the devices connect to the same network.
- If the connection is perfect, you will find a good wireless light on your Brother printer.
- Lastly, give the test print to check the fix.
How to set the Brother Printer as Default Printer
Customers can keep the Brother printer as the default printer to escape from Brother Printer Offline error. You need to follow the steps if you are a windows user for setting the Brother Printer as Default Printer in your device:
- Firstly, visit the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound.
- After that, tap on the option Devices and Printers.
- Lastly, Right-click on the Brother printer, and from the provided context menu choose Set as default option.
Restart Printer spooler services:
Customers can follow the process given below to restart the Printer spooler services:
- First of all, click on the Windows key+R to open the Run dialog box.
- After that, type services.msc in the Run command box.
- Then, in the service list search for the Printer Spooler.
- Nextly, right-click on Printer Spooler, and on the context menu choose the Stop option.
- Visit, the C:\Windows\System32\spool\Printers from the file explorer.
- Afterward, from the Printers directory remove all the files.
- And, once more right-click on the Printer Spooler services from the list of services and choose the Start option.
- Thereafter, in the startup type Printer Spooler services to Automatic.
Check the Printer for the Paper Jam
The majority of the customers get Brother Printer is in an error state because of the paper jam. Also, the customers can use the possess given here to fix the Brother printer paper jam.
- First of all, switch off the printer unit and disconnect the power cable from the socket.
- Also, check whether there is a paper jam in the printer roller.
- After that, launch the back end of the printer and confirm that there is any paper jammed.
- Then, clear the particles present on the paper.
- After this shut that end of the printer.
- Nextly, plug back in the power cable in the power socket and switch on the printer.
- Lastly, check the printer by doing the print test.
Manually set the Printer Online
Customers can also set brother printer online manually to solve this brother printer offline Windows 10 error. The steps are given below to set the brother printer to online status.
- First of all, visit the Start icon and choose Device Manager in it.
- After that, increase the section of the print queue present on the Device Manager.
- Then, under the printer queue section just right-click on your brother printer name. And then, from the context menu choose the Update driver option.
- Followingly, choose the Search automatically if you want the updated driver software option.
- Lastly, by the following automatically your system will search and update the printer driver software.
The following procedure can take a few minutes, also the user must have a proper internet connection for updating the Printer drivers. Otherwise, users can also go to the official website to update the software of this printer.
Solve the issue of the Brother printer appearing offline and Brother Printer in Error State on Mac?
The customers of Brother printer may get issues because of incorrect configuration settings and out-of-date printer drivers on Mac. also, the customers need to confirm Brother Printer connectivity, ink cartridges, and paper jam to solve the Brother printer’s error state on Mac.
Set brother Printer as the default printer on Mac
In case, there is more than one printer added to the system. Then, the customers have to set the Brother printer as the default printer. The steps are given below to do this thing:
- First of all, tap on the Apple Menu > System Preferences.
- Then, visit the Printer and scanners option.
- Make sure in case the brother printer is the default printer on your system.
- If not, in that situation the customer may select from the context menu option i.e. the set as the default.
Check the printer status:
Brother printer shows offline when we stop the printer operation for some cause. The customers may resume the pause to solve the error.
- Firstly, visit the system preferences from the Apple menu.
- After that, choose your brother’s printer icon from the no of printers present in the list.
- Then, tap on the Print Queue.
- Nextly, the customers can check the printer status on the menu bar. And, you will find an option Resume or Resume printer button just click on it.
Some Additional Tips To Trobleshoot Brother Printer Issues
Update Your Operating System
Sometimes, it’s not just the printer driver that needs updating, but the entire operating system. Check to see if your Windows system needs an update, as newer versions often come with bug fixes that can help resolve printer-related issues.
- Open Settings
- Go to Update & Security
- Check for updates and install if available
On Mac, you can easily check for software updates to ensure all your systems are working harmoniously.
- Click on Apple Menu
- Navigate to System Preferences
- Select Software Update and follow on-screen instructions
Review Your Firewall Settings
|May block printer
|Secure, but may interfere
|Less secure, but hassle-free
Your computer’s firewall can occasionally be the culprit behind Brother Printer issues. While it’s essential for security, sometimes firewall settings may prevent a smooth interaction between your computer and printer. To troubleshoot this:
- Disable your Firewall momentarily.
- Try to print.
- If successful, add an exception for your Brother Printer in the Firewall settings.
Check the Print Queue
Hey, no one likes waiting! But what if your Brother Printer is taking forever because it’s stuck in a queue?
- Open Control Panel > Devices and Printers (for Windows)
- Open System Preferences > Printers & Scanners (for Mac)
- Locate your Brother Printer and open the print queue.
- Clear any pending tasks and try printing again.
Physical Checks and Cleaning
Sometimes, a simple physical check can reveal issues that are easily missed otherwise. Make sure to:
- Check the printer’s power supply. Is the cord damaged?
- Clean the printer heads and rollers. Dust can cause issues over time.
- Verify if the ink cartridges are properly set.
Remember, a clean printer is a happy printer!
Network Troubles? Reconfigure.
If you’re using a wireless Brother Printer, network issues can be particularly frustrating. Consult your Brother Printer manual to find detailed instructions on how to reconfigure network settings.
- Reboot your router and wait for it to fully restart.
- Disconnect the printer from the Wi-Fi network.
- Reconnect it using the printer’s control panel or the printer software on your computer.
Use the Brother Printer App
Did you know Brother has a mobile app that can diagnose issues? This is a nifty little tool that can perform minor adjustments and diagnostics, right from your smartphone.
- Download the Brother iPrint&Scan app from your mobile device’s store.
- Connect it to your printer.
- Use the built-in tools to perform checks and minor fixes.
Why is my Brother Printer not connecting to Wi-Fi?
- Restart your router.
- Forget and reconnect to the Wi-Fi network on your printer.
- If all fails, reset the printer’s network settings and start fresh.
I’ve updated the driver, but it still doesn’t work. What next?
If a driver update doesn’t resolve the issue, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Brother Printer driver. This will remove any corrupted files that could be causing the issue.
How do I reset my Brother Printer to factory settings?
Please consult your printer’s manual or the Brother Industries Wikipedia page for model-specific instructions. Generally, you can find a ‘Reset’ option in the printer’s settings menu.
What should I do if I’m getting poor print quality?
Check the ink cartridges and clean the printer heads. Sometimes, the problem can be as simple as dust accumulation or low ink levels.
My printer is not picking up paper. What can I do?
Make sure there is no paper jam or small bits of torn paper inside. Also, ensure that the paper tray is correctly aligned and the paper is properly placed.
How do I update the Brother Printer firmware?
- Visit the official Brother website and search for firmware updates for your specific model.
- Download and run the update tool.
- Follow on-screen instructions to complete the update.
My printer says it’s offline when it’s on. What should I do?
- Double-check your network connection.
- Restart your printer.
- Set it as the default printer in ‘Devices and Printers’ (Windows) or ‘Printers & Scanners’ (Mac).
How can I extend the lifespan of my Brother Printer?
Regular cleaning and timely replacement of ink cartridges can go a long way. Keep the printer in a cool, dry place and run a print job at least once a week to keep everything in good condition.
Can I print from my phone?
Yes, download the Brother iPrint&Scan app on your mobile device and follow the setup instructions to connect to your printer.