Printers are now the souls of workplaces, major corporations, and even households. When printer problems emerge, the whole workflow of a company is disrupted. As a result, it is critical that they remain operational at all times.Some users reported a printer-related issue, which was extremely unexpected. According to them, the printers ultimately stopped operating, and when they attempted to use the in-built fixer, they received the vexing hex coded error message 0x803C010B. This error message prevents the printer from performing its functions. As a result, various modifications are required to restore the printer’s functionality.
I had a problem with my Brother printer a few days ago. Interestingly, it triggered an error number 0x803C010B while I was using the built-in Printer Troubleshooter. Have you ever seen the error number 0x803C010B on your printer while printing, faxing, scanning, or copying documents? I can’t recall anything right now. Okay, let’s look at how we may manually resolve Brother Printer problem number 0x803C010B.
In This Article
- 1 Brother Printer Error Code 0x803c010b Causes
- 2 Reasons for this Issue:
- 3 0x803C010B Brother Printer Just Like an ‘Old Pro’
- 4 Deactivate the Protocol
- 5 Remove and reload the printer device
- 6 Simple Solutions for Brother Printer Error Code 0x803c010B
- 7 Reinstalling the printer device is an alternative solution
- 8 Solutions to common Brother Printer problems
- 9 Why won’t my Brother printer print?
- 10 Fix 1 – Verify the connection
- 11 Fix 2: Make your Brother printer the default device
- 12 Fix 3: Start the Print Spooler service again
Brother Printer Error Code 0x803c010b Causes
The SNMP Protocol causes the Brother Printer Error code 0x803c010b to occur when the Brother printer device is not properly connected to the network via wired or wireless connections. The simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) assists in network device management and provides printer condition information. This mistake prohibits the printer from printing anything. Before we proceed to the solution, please explain why this problem occurred:
- It is possible if the device’s firmware is outdated.
- If the user often turns on and off the printers. Check that the printer has been properly switched off.
- When a user instructs the printer to print a huge document.
- If there is no adequate interaction between the printer and the spooler.
- This error may occur if the user attempts to print from an illegal source or link. It might be hazardous to print from any unapproved source.
Reasons for this Issue:
As previously stated, this error occurs on network printers. As a result, this problem might be caused by a protocol known as Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP). This protocol maintains network devices and provides printers with basic status information. This protocol is not supported by all printers. As a result, it causes havoc by preventing the printer from functioning correctly.
Solutions to this Problem: There are several solutions to this problem, but I will only cover those that have been shown to be the most successful. Simply follow these procedures.
0x803C010B Brother Printer Just Like an ‘Old Pro’
“Error 0x803C010B – Unable to print the papers,” says the error that appears on the screen. Please try again later.” The printer is in disabled mode and cannot accept instructions from your printer device in this technical condition. It happens when a printer connects to a network through a wired or wireless connection using the SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) protocol. This protocol manages and communicates with web-connected physical devices.
Deactivate the Protocol
- On your desktop, click the ‘Start’ button.
- Navigate to the Control Centre or utilise the Windows key + X shortcut.
- Select the ‘Hardware and Sound’ option in the ‘Control Panel’ box.
- In the management panel window, select ‘Devices and Printers.’
- Now, right-click on the ‘Brother Printer’ icon.
- Choose ‘Printers Properties’ from the drop-down menu.
- On your computer screen, a new window will appear.
- Look for and choose the ‘Ports’ button.
- Scroll down the list of ports and choose the ‘Standard TCP/ IP Port’ by checking the box next to it.
- Then, select the ‘Configure Port’ option.
- Uncheck the ‘SNMP Status Enabled’ checkbox in the little window that appears.
- Click the ‘OK’ button, followed by the ‘Apply’ button.
- Restart your computer after disabling the SMTP protocol.
- Finally, try printing a show to see if your Brother printer is operational.
If the problem 0x803C010B persists, go to the next resolution
Remove and reload the printer device
- On your desktop, click the ‘Start’ button.
- In the Start menu, select ‘Control Panel.’
- Click the ‘Hardware and Sound’ option in the ‘Control Panel’ box.
- In the control panel window, select ‘Devices and Printers.’
- Now, right-click on the ‘Brother Printer’ icon.
- Choose the ‘Remove Device’ option and click it.
- Click ‘Yes’ in the confirmation window.
- The Brother Printer linked to your computer will be deleted from the device list displayed in the ‘Control Panel’ under ‘Devices and Printers.’
- Remove the printer cord from the PC and restart it.
- Put in the Brother Printer device when the computer boots up.
- Install the latest printer drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
- Restart your computer once again.
- Try printing a test document; if you obtain a printout, the problem is fixed.
However, if you continue to experience the Brother Printer Error 0x803C010B, contact Brother Printer Technical Support for quick and finest support from Brother trained professionals.
Simple Solutions for Brother Printer Error Code 0x803c010B
These easy techniques will help you to effortlessly get rid of the problem. You may deactivate the SNMP protocol by going to the Control Panel via the Start Menu.
- Then, on the control panel, select ‘Hardware and Sound’ and then ‘Device and Printer.’
- Select the Brother Printer icon and its associated Printer Properties. This will redirect you to a new page.
- Search for ports on the Properties page and touch on it to get a list of network ports accessible for your Brother printer. Select Standard TCP and select the Configure Port button.
- Next, open a new window and check the SNMP Status Enabled box.
- Finally, click ‘OK’ and ‘Apply’ to save the SNMP adjustments.
- If the problem persists, proceed to the next procedure.
Reinstalling the printer device is an alternative solution
To begin, go to the Control Panel and select the Hardware and Sound option.
- Then, select the Device and Printers icon and press the Brother Printer key.
- To delete the Brother printer from the list of Windows devices, click the ‘Remove Device’ button and select ‘Yes.’
- Remove the printer setup and restart your computer. When the procedure is finished, connect the printer and update the drivers.
- To view the changes, turn off all devices and then turn them back on.
Solutions to common Brother Printer problems
Brother printers are high-quality equipment that include the most recent technological advances. That implies that many fixes may be too sophisticated for a novice to undertake. Global Office Machines provides complete printer repair service on all Brother brands, with a fleet of mobile service vans operated by qualified printer repair experts covering the greater Sydney region.
Because GOM specializes in both printer repairs and sales, purchasing from us means that specialists will assist you in setting up your machine and walking you through simple troubleshooting procedures that you can manage in-house.
We can show you how to replace a tray feed kit, replace a waste toner box, and remove a paper jam in a double device, among other things.
Here are some more potential concerns that may necessitate the assistance of a technician:
- The fuser unit must be changed, according to Error Code 54.
- Error Code 55 indicates that the laser unit must be replaced.
- Error Code 7D: The disc unit is dirty and has to be cleaned.
- Error 5E: The belt unit must be changed.
If you live in the Sydney region and would like a price to remedy any of these problems, please Contact Us right now.
Why won’t my Brother printer print?
Your Brother printer may not function correctly for a variety of reasons, including poor connection, an outdated printer driver, and inaccurate setups. Whatever the cause, you can resolve it in a few simple actions.
You don’t have to attempt all of these remedies. Simply go down the list until you find one that works for you.
Fix 1 – Verify the connection
Before proceeding with the more involved changes, you must do some fundamental tests. To begin, ensure that the connectivity status between the computer and the printer is normal.
Fix 2: Make your Brother printer the default device
When you print, your computer usually uses the default printer. As a result, you should make your Brother printer the default device for all print jobs. Here’s how it’s done:
1) On your keyboard, press the Microsoft logo key and R simultaneously to launch the Run command.
2) Enter control in the box and press OK.
3) From the drop-down option next to View by, choose Small icons. After that, choose Devices and Printers.
4) Select Set as default printer from the context menu of your Brother printer.
Fix 3: Start the Print Spooler service again
If the Print Spooler program is not functioning properly, your computer will not transmit printing to your Brother printer. Simply resume this service to get your printer back up and running.
1) To launch the Run box, press the Windows logo key and R at the exact time on your keyboard.
2) Enter services.msc and press OK.
3) Right-click the Print Spooler icon. If it isn’t currently operating, click Start this service; if it is, click Restart.
4) After restarting the Print Spooler service, right-click Print Spooler and select Properties.
5) Select Automatic as the Startup type. Then press the OK button.